My Wine Experience

 

 My experience with wine is very limited. Furthermore, my experience with drinking alcoholic beverages for the taste is limited. My first experiences with wine were during holiday's with my family during al meal. A small part of my family loves wine and they know enough about it to pair it with what we ate during these holidays.  Outside of that I have tried the box wine Franzia and Barefoot at social events, they were all mostly bad especially the Barefoot.  Most of the alcohol I consume is beer and liquor, but the only alcohol I will drink solely for the taste is Bourbon.

Of the little wine I have tasted, I have grown to dislike many different wines that I have tried. However, I will not let this get in my way during this course because the quality of wine I have had is not great.  I have grown to strongly dislike sweet wines, and tend to like white wines for this reason. Maybe this is because the majority of red wines that I have tried have been too sweet for my liking. 

I have also never taken the time to actually taste and enjoy the wine. Most of the time I am drinking for quantity over quality. My main hope for this class is to change my outlook on wine, and to start enjoying it. I have also been reluctant because the mountain of techniques, vocabulary, and number of wines. There are so many wines to choose from it is hard to start, and if a bad one is chosen it only lowers my motivation to go and get another.





Comments

Popular Posts